Monday 7 January 2013

Two minutes with… Bradford City


Bradford were the visitors to Underhill on Saturday afternoon. Bantams’ fan Kate reveals all in this instalment of ‘Two minutes with...’

Pre-match
Had you been to Underhill before?
No, I hadn’t.
How did you get to the game?
I travelled from Leeds so a mixture of train, tube and bus! I use a wheelchair so I had an interesting time negotiating accessible routes.

The match
Whereabouts in the ground did you sit/stand?
I was behind the goal in the away seated area.
What did you make of the game?
It’s one we wanted to win so to be honest I was disappointed! It wasn’t a classic match but I was surprised by how much football Barnet played and I think we struggled with that in the second half.
Who (from either side) do you think deserved to be man of the match?
Barnet’s winger, Yiadom – he caused us problems all afternoon.

Post-match
Was the score line a fair reflection on the game?
Probably. Barnet didn’t have many chances but they took them, and we didn’t take ours.
Who do you play next, and how do you think you’ll get on?
We have Aston Villa on Tuesday in the first leg of the League Cup semi-final. My head says Villa will win, but my heart reckons we can just nick it and take a narrow lead into the second leg! I can dream, right?

Ratings
Cost of match day ticket
£13, cheaper than a lot of other grounds, and probably fair given that Barnet are usually in the lower half of the league. ––– 8/10
Purchases made at ground
I only bought a Coke and the standard was fine, but the kiosk is up some steps which meant I had to get someone to buy it for me. ––– 5/10
View
Being behind the goal means you don’t always get a clear view of the opposite goal to where you are sitting, but there weren’t any obstructions besides my own eyesight! ––– 7/10
Quality of football
Better than I was expecting from Barnet having seen them at Valley Parade in the reverse fixture, but you lose a point for the score! ––– 6/10
Overall experience
The travel was much easier than I thought. The stewards were helpful, particularly when buying my ticket. As I mentioned before, there were access issues to the kiosk. (I think there was another kiosk down the far end of the stand but it wasn’t clear if this was open.) I would have obviously preferred a different result, but there wasn’t anything Barnet could do about that! ––– 7/10

Total ––– 33/50
 
And you can follow Kate on Twitter @bantamskatee

No comments:

Post a Comment